Thread: Unsafe?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
dant1127
Base Member

Drives: NA
dant1127 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chii370 View Post
"fanfags"

So to recap, do as your mommy told you as a child. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all kids.
1. Maybe take some of your own advice?

2. Safety is a matter of perspective. I drove an '04 Wrangler followed by a '95 Cherokee for a few years before my Z. My 370Z is light years ahead of either of these cars. A wreck can kill no matter what you drive. Not many cars on the street can avoid a wreck as well as a Z (or any competent sports car with powerful brakes/sticky tires and an attentive driver behind the wheel).

Sure, of you run a Z nose first into a semi going 90mph, you won't be walking away in 1 piece. But even the safest car is going to have situations that physics can't ignore. On the flip side, how hard is it to roll a Z vs. a full-size pickup with an autozone block lift and mud tires? Which one will stop on a dime? Around here the lifted truck market dwarfs the sports car market by an impressive margin.

So is the Z really a dangerous car to own? All I can say is I survived wrecks in plenty of other "death traps" by comparison, and my Z has yet to lose any suspension bits or random bolts while driving.