View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

This writeup is ok, until it gets to the closing remarks - then it becomes a completely terrible writeup.

Author compares the car to a BRZ and a base Mustang in an effort to illustrate how he feels the car is overpriced. That is completely retarded. If you want to compare base to base, then let's talk about the base Z being $29k vs a $25k Mustang or $25k BRZ. Not a base Mustang or BRZ being compared to a NISMO Z. Completely stupid, mailed-in comparison.

A Mustang GT with Track pack is the only Mustang out there right now similarly equipped to a NISMO Z (LSD, Forged wheels, upgraded brakes and seats), and then you're talking nearly $40k if not more (I don't recall off the top of my head, but it's a hell of a lot closer comparison than the clown that wrote the article).

I don't have a problem with any of the other stuff he said in the article. What pisses me off is, like so many other people that bash the Zs pricing, this guy is right in line with terrible logic in comparing the Z to any other car - not understanding the market in which it sits, and furthermore, he is not educated enough on market segmentation, product portfolios, or product differentiation. A base Mustang with an open diff and Ford Fusion wheels and brakes should be priced $15k underneath this car. There will be enough evidence to support that if you were to test drive the two next to each other on their figure 8 track.

I cannot stand misinformation due to laziness, and this article is a prime example of why.
RicerX is offline   Reply With Quote