View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
If I'm just moving things across my existing WiFi network, how does that affect my data consumption? Assuming you're talking about data on my mobile plan here?
If I read correctly, Chromecast does not send the data directly from your computer to the HDMI dongle. It first uploads the stream to a server and then it is sent "back" to the dongle. But maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

Have you looked into an RF modulator (converts computer video signal to broadcast TV frequency)? We used to use those back in The Good Old Days to get from CGA/EGA/VGA to TV (cheap, but very low-res monitor). Hooked the RF mod input to the graphics card and the output was a piece of twin-lead. They may make something that uses modern signals/wiring.