View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 09:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
dannonebr
Base Member

Drives: '16 370z Nismo
dannonebr is a jewel in the roughdannonebr is a jewel in the roughdannonebr is a jewel in the rough

It should be noted that Consumer Reports highly recommend Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. Yes, much to my surprise Consumer Reports tests UHP (ultra high performance) summer tires. I have had them on my other car and they wear incredibly well, are quiet and handle well. I had 15000 miles on them when I traded my old car off for a Z and they still had well over half the tread left. Pilot Super Sports also come with a 30,000 mile tread life warranty (15000 miles for split fitment) from Michelin. While Tire Rack is a good source for info on tires and I use them for info, I do not at all trust the consumer reviews on tire rack. How can someone who buys maybe one set of tires every four years make an objective review of the tire they bought when they don't try the others? When I buy tires I look at the reviews of the pros who try a lot of different tires. Guys on the street seem to base their review of tires on the look of the tread pattern - does it look cool? I just want a good tire that wears decent and handles better than the others. Pilot Super Sport | Michelin Tires