View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 03:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

A safety check valve to shut it down is a good idea... if you are really serious, and plan on running nitrous a lot, something that independently monitors knock and pulls timing is also worth considering (I know you can set uprev to do that with the protuner, otherwise you need something like this J&S Electronics SafeGuard Indivdual Cylinder Knock Control ).

1 or 2 step colder spark plugs are advisable as well.

Related notes: I glanced over a few of your older posts, but couldn't find clear reference to how you will handle fueling needs.

Do you have uprev? You WILL need to add a lot of extra fuel to keep in-cylinder temps in check, You'll probably need to pull a few degrees of ignition advance too. Just spraying without extra fuel (or something with a very high octane) and a bit less advance is not a great idea...

I would absolutely tune for your shot on a dyno and have someone who knows what they're doing handle it.

Anyway, with an uprev tune, before you spray, you would just switch to your nitrous tune with the cruise control, and you're set to destroy the rear tires.

Another option is to add a water/meth injection kit -- the shot and the W/M Injection could all be set on the same progressive controller/window switch, or at least run in tandem -- for maximum safety.

If you go with adding a W/M kit, I'd consider porting directly into the IM with high atomization injectors. I can offer more tips and details on W/M injection if you decide to go that route; I have a good bit of experience with that.

In short, to do this right and minimize the chance of detonation, you should treat this like any other FI set up, with the exception of worrying about intercooling.

If all this is old news to you -- sorry to clog up the thread, and looking forward to the track or dyno results!

Last edited by Jordo!; 11-27-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote