View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 01:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
I would assume that if you were to buy some automotive clear paint?

You could just mask off the surrounding area and re-clear it followed by polish it

Strictly my noob opinion here

gl
I understand the way you're thinking but nope, it doesn't quite work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonka2581 View Post
Sucks man... You need to contact JUNKMAN... and see what he says... Good Luck...
I would pull him close to me, in a not so loving way and commence to slapping him silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zHawaii View Post
Thank you all for the awesome responses. I will wait for the Junkman to hear his response as well, hope he chimes in. If not I will take the advice and PM him. I do have some automotive clear coat from touchup, but after reading about burning through the clear coat, from what I gather it is more of a PIA to blend the clear coat then to have it resprayed again.
It's not a PIA, it's impossible to do it the way you're trying to do it. That panel has to be resprayed in order to fix it right. Clear coat is like water in a swimming pool. The more water you see, the more blue the water looks. In order to replace the clear coat where you have sanded it off and make it look exactly like it did before MUST be done with a spray gun. Problem is, you just can't spray one spot on the car and make it match. That's why you have to spray the entire fender. There is no way around that unless your name is Chip Foose.

The question I have is who's videos did you watch? You say that you were trying to see if you could remove some orange peel. In my videos I STRONGLY state that you can NOT do that with factory paint so surely you didn't watch my wet sanding videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
The Junkman (Junkman2008) may have an (relatively) easy fix for you.
Yes I do. The nearest body shop that does excellent body work is in your future. All you have to do is show them what you did, tell them to fix it and then go home. They will call you when it's fixed. It gets no easier than that.

When my bumper gets enough rock chips on it, I don't bother with touch-up paint. I do one thing:

Problem solved.

Last edited by Junkman2008; 11-26-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote