View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #58 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShifter View Post
So it appears EVERYONE is getting better than my 17 MPG on the highway.

My car just went in for the first service so all the tires have the right amount of nitrogen.

Not sure why I am not seeing good mileage like the rest of you. Any one have any ideas??
What are your mods and how many miles?

Typical culprits are high-ish fuel trims (any CEL's?) due to either MAF or O2 misreads, which can be caused by air turbulence from vibrations or bends in the intake set-up, flagging or dirty sensors, vacuum (and exhaust) leaks, failing cats, etc.

FWIW, mostly city driving, tuned and LTH putting down around 310-315 whp, and I see a very consistent range of 19.2 to 19.5. I creep up on 20 - 21 or so with mixed highway driving, but lately I'm 95% stop-and-go.

However, I was briefly dropping to a pitiful 16-17 mph, and it turned out to be a bad heater circuit on the primary O2 causing it to not get up to proper warm-up temp.

Last edited by Jordo!; 11-25-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote