View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEZZZER View Post
any one have issues with trans not shifting properly when cold, maybe?
sometimes mine wont downshift when cold seems like. i give it gas and nothing...like it wont get out of its own way but then get back in it like headed back home from lowes the other night and it worked fine then, like aftewr warmed up...idk any thoughts or direct me to proper thread. thanks, G.
If it's in regular D mode, the ECU probably tries to spare the clutchpacks too much wear when the AT temps are low (thicker fluid, means too viscous -- actually, flooring it isn't great for the motor either until the oil comes up to temp).

You may also get an occasional "clunky" downshift for similar reasons -- Nissan may have further "refined" the tune on the newer MY's. Additionally, the ECU has a sort of "trim" table for shift points based on your driving patterns when in M mode which can make the car shift a bit oddly in regular auto for a bit.

I think if it seems ok when warmed up, you are probably fine, and if you ever get a tune, you can have the torque tables adjusted for much faster, firmer shifts

If it continues to act clunky, it might be worth seeing if there's a new-ish OEM reflash to adjust the shift characteristics -- there very well may be.