View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #41 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCiouS View Post
Thanks for the links guys. I'm fully prepared for lots of research and always considering advice/comments. Otherwise it would just turn into dumping money into a crap shoot as Kinetic did...

I do not have a flow bench yet, but I DO have full CFD tools.

One thing I haven't seen anywhere yet:
When a valve closes, obviously the air that was accelerating towards the opening will rebound and send a pressure wave back towards the plenum (the point of a plenum to start with). Ideally I would think the runners should be tuned so that this wave is reaching the plenum at the same moment an alternate valve is opening, thus creating a minimal boost in pressure going to the next cylinder. This may only be optimal at a peak rpm or range though as the pressure wave frequency changes based on rpm and vacuum.
intake valve timing can be tuned quite a bit, so you may have a good bit of wiggle room there. It might be worth seeing if someone with the protuner cable can datalog some info you might be able to use as a reference point.

Actually, on that note, as you get a prototype or two built, I'd definitely see if you can team up with someone who has/borrow a protuner cable.