View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 07:25 AM   #40 (permalink)
ViCiouS
Base Member

Drives: '14 981 Cayman S
ViCiouS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
If you are not already familiar with induction system design, I suggest you prepare to spend a significant time on the web researching.

Be prepared to do lots of work on the dyno unless you have access to CFD tools and can map your chosen design to do the research in the virtual world.

None of this stuff is simple !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Have you got or can you build a flow bench? That alone would be a good starting point to see where you have room to make improvements in cfm.
Thanks for the links guys. I'm fully prepared for lots of research and always considering advice/comments. Otherwise it would just turn into dumping money into a crap shoot as Kinetic did...

I do not have a flow bench yet, but I DO have full CFD tools.

One thing I haven't seen anywhere yet:
When a valve closes, obviously the air that was accelerating towards the opening will rebound and send a pressure wave back towards the plenum (the point of a plenum to start with). Ideally I would think the runners should be tuned so that this wave is reaching the plenum at the same moment an alternate valve is opening, thus creating a minimal boost in pressure going to the next cylinder. This may only be optimal at a peak rpm or range though as the pressure wave frequency changes based on rpm and vacuum.
ViCiouS is offline   Reply With Quote