View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jazzster
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Roadster
Jazzster is on a distinguished road

I doubt you will find any that match all of your criteria, especially the subjective ones like better looking. As far as price, are you comparing a new 370 cost or a used cost? For $40K, there are some better cars out there but you;d have to buy used. I will say that a Porsche Boxster S or Cayman S is a better car - a 2009-2011 models are excellent all the way around. Looks, well, maybe not for everyone. A BMW Z4 sdrive 35i or 35is is a gorgeous car and with a tune can make over 400hp (300-333hp stock) and prices for a 2010-2012 are about the same.

I you wanted to build a car up, I'd look at the BRZ or FRS and add forced induction. It's a gorgeous car and gloriously fun. With a bit more power it would be pretty awesome, and cheaper than the others.

And the websites are right - the best bang for your HP dollar is the Mustang GT. The 2015's are simply excellent. But I couldn't own one either.... LOL.

I looked at all of these and traded my 2003 M3 for a 2010 370Z Roadster. I wanted a roadster and after driving the Z4 and Boxster, decided on the Z. It was substantially cheaper and just as much fun although definitely rough around the edges compared to the Boxster. I figured if I got a Boxster I'd have wished I would have held out for a 911. So I went with what I thought was the best bang for my dollar - so far loving my roadster!
Jazzster is offline   Reply With Quote