View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
sandersd
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z Nismo
sandersd will become famous soon enoughsandersd will become famous soon enough
Default My pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
So how did the muffler sections line up? Are the tips centered on the two bumper cut outs?

Thank you for answering all of my previous questions.
Initially they were centered perfectly but after I had to unbolt the mid point connection to apply the RTV the right side drooped after I tightened it. I'm installing a set of Swift springs in a couple of weeks and when I have it up on stands I'll disassemble and replace the gaskets, bolts, and reapply new sealer while straightening the tips.

I know what went wrong: when I reassembled I didn't support the pipes on jack stands, I just let the bolts draw the flanges together and the tip didn't return to its previous position. This time I'll fully support everything in place while I seal and tighten working from front to rear like I did initially.

You really need a helping hand to position the tip while the bolts are tightened. It's also important when aligning to push up on the tip farther than necessary since it'll tend to snap back a bit. By overcompensating it tends to snap back to where you really want it.