Thread: Borla Cat Back
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Silly Rabbit
Track Member

Drives: '12 PW Touring Sport
Silly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Borla Cat Back

I have a Borla cat back and looking into options for replacing the stock cats. Anyone else with this system been down this road? I don't see much talk about Borla on the forum. It has a great deep throaty sound and I don't find it to be raspy or drone. So, I'm leery of getting high flow cats or resonated test pipes and find I don't like the sound anymore. The few reviews I've found were mostly for the g37 and they said the system is best with stock cats, high flow cats add rasp and drone.

I was considering Motordyne ART pipe since it claims to not have rasp issues that are common to high flow cats. Along the same lines, I was looking at Fast Intentions resonated test pipe.

So, anyone with this exhaust gone down this road? Am I wasting my time? I'm looking to make the system a little deeper and louder. I'd prefer the added torque in the low end over the added top end horsepower.

In the end I am going to tune (UpRev) the car, so I'd like to get this last bolt on done, if I'm going to do it. Swapping out the Borla isn't an option I'm willing to do. If it matters, I have K&N typhon intakes. The rest is stock.
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote