View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLRedrider View Post
so much for being american made, i was told that the g8 is made in australlia i think, wtf and we got all these peeps laid off
The G8 is a Holden (Aussie GM) design. Has been long before it was brought here, it's not a new car design.

The woes of the US manufacturing base are not confined to the auto industry, it is a problem many decades old.

Absurd union contracts as well as management failure have pretty much ruined our economy. There can be no sound economy without a manufacturing base. We can't survive on the service sector alone. We cannot survive if everyone is working at Wal Mart. Our politicians are inept and do not ave the skills, the balls or the intelligence to fix the problem.