View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master_Ly
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport
Master_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond reputeMaster_Ly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Review: Covercraft Full Nose Mask

I perform frequent long distance driving including on the interstate with my 370Z and I did not like the car getting bug-face all the time and risking rock chips so I invested in a Covercraft full nose mask (bra) for the 370Z. I recently had a chance to test it out and here are my thoughts.

REVIEW:
The install process went very smoothly. The instructions are very straightforward so there really is not much to setting it up. What I did do was wash the front of the car (and the entire car) so that I did not intentionally trap dirt between the mask and the paint. I learned this lesson from when I had a LaBra on my 91 Camaro RS (305). The one thing I did not do was use the Velcro pieces that is intended to hold the nose mask, or to better say, “Velcro down” the nose mask to where the hood latches are on top of the bumper. I refused to use Velcro so what I did was held the mask in place and dropped the hood down, as it is suppose to be done, and let it be “pinched” in. On these long distance drives, I would make a mental note to check at every stop (e.g. gas station, food, restroom). I attached a PIC of the TEST FITTING. I will update with new pics once I have to put it on again.

I drove around town, on the highway, and on the interstate (I-10) with no problems, no flapping, no odd noises, and the car was not pulling in any directions. Then I decide to make my trek on a 80ish-mile voyage. The outside temperature stayed around mid 40s to low 50s degree Fahrenheit while the car’s oil and coolant temperature stayed within the operating range. I probably was cruising on the average around 80 MPH.

Once I got home, I checked everything over and I saw no scuffs from the bra and it was mounted the same as it should. As I proceeded taking the mask off and giving the car another bath, I continued to be pleased with the protection the mask offered. I am happy with the investment and will be putting it back on for each and every long distance driving.

GOOD:
I have always been impressed with the Covercraft car covers (own 1 for each car) so I was not surprised that the bra was of the same caliber. It fits nicely, all of the parts such as the hooks are nice quality, and the material feels super durable and solid/thick. It fits snug except you might have a little show of bumper near the front fender-well, right by the tires. It was very minimal and not exposed to the road like majority of the bumper so I was not worried about it.

BAD:
Velcro! I rather it had been hooks. Small hurdle that was easily solved though, in my opinion. I might look into fabricating straps with hooks in lieu of the Velcro.

###END###

I hope this helps for anybody else looking into a similar investment. If this helped, please "rep" me! Thanks for reading!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009-11-26 14.14.32.jpg (688.7 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by Master_Ly; 04-13-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Master_Ly is offline   Reply With Quote