View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
avitech
Base Member

Drives: 82Mercedes-Benz300SD
avitech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjaden View Post
The whole 'Buy American' policy is so retarded I can't begin to understand the logic.

If everyone only bought goods produced in their own country, much of America would quickly be unemployed.

If Americans only buy American goods why should any other country purchase goods made in America?

Anyhow, fortunately most people disregard this policty and buy goods based on quality, pricing and performance, as opposed to the country the goods are produced.
I agree with you. What you are saying is right. It is a global economy these days and it has always been that way since the States decided to buy and sell globally all made possibly by container ships, freight trains, and cargo planes. Once the States stops doing business with the rest of the world then the money flow stops dead in it's tracks.

Also Canada is the States closest ally right now. We need Canada just as much as Canada needs us. It's not a safe/secure world out there. If we band together with Canada we will be a whole lot stronger and unconquerable then if we were both to have just kept to ourselves as isolationists.

Lastly for those who don't like Canada. My suggestion to them is to at least visit and experience the place first if you haven't yet. You would be very impressed when you see Banff, Vancouver, Toronto, the W.Edmonton Mall, and places like Quebec and Nova Scotia. It's actually quite friendly, warm and inviting.
avitech is offline   Reply With Quote