View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 04:21 AM   #78 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
The guy already made a decision. He stated in a previous thread that he is currently negotiating for a Nismo tech 6mt that is listed at 43k or something like that.

*NVM Jordo, looks like he wants to go 7AT now. Dude changes his mind on a daily.
My interpretation is that he wants an auto, but the staggering amount of browbeating and mockery is socially shaming him towards a car he doesn't want, but may grow to love...

I think Kenchan's "practice on beater", advice was best. He can get the next car down the line in MT if so desired.

It's not like the 7AT is a poor performer on the Z...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Z34 View Post
Guys I could see if the 7 speed was a dual clutch. Then maybe I could see someone making the choice to get that. I still wouldn't. But regardless.. its just a regular slushbox.. nothing fancy. Get the stick and short shifting kit if you feel it necessary and call it day. Be a man. Get a MANual. Roadhouse.
Actually it performs as good or better than non-supercar DCT's, and FWIW, there are slushboxes in all the new Jag F-types...(although, I believe tat all the high performing AT
's -- including ours -- has full lock up from 2nd - 7th, and thus does not rely on fluid coupling beyond 1st).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Z34 View Post
Damn good... For an autotragic. True. But still not as fun. Plus with synchro rev boss I can downshift with ease and crush any auto in traffic. Got a MANual for my first 370.. got a MANual for my Nismo. Cuz I'm a MAN. Easy decision.
By that rationale, MEN should should be MENstruating

"Manual" is derived from Latin for "hands", mang...

Last edited by Jordo!; 11-22-2014 at 04:52 AM.