Thread: 2016 370z...
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 09:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nargrakhan View Post
Pretty much. Nissan is also rather good at keeping secrets these days.

Personally -- and this is my opinion -- I think Nissan will keep the current 370Z NISMO for another year, so they can milk that last bit of $$$ for whatever it cost them to make that new bodykit -- and give additional time to develop the upcoming new Z design.
I agree - I think we have another year or two for the Z34 platform. I will say what I can to avoid getting in trouble.

1) Remember the G37 Coupe? It came out in 2008, developed on the same FM platform as the Z34, which debuted in 2009.

2) The Detroit Auto Show is in January, which will debut the Q60.

Quote:
I've read unconfirmed rumors -- mostly from this site -- that a Nissan rep claimed there would be a final RS version of the current 370Z NISMO with an actual engine modification. Personally I don't believe that will happen because:

#1: It will increase the cost of what many already consider an expensive overpriced sports car.
What if it shares components with another vehicle and doesn't have to increase costs as dramatically as you think? Say, it shared an engine with another vehicle or two?

Quote:
#2: The HP boost won't be better than what someone could do with aftermarket products for the same price increase.
What if it's not just about the HP boost that you would get, but the tuning potential for the overall package? Say, the car was boosted from the factory?

Quote:
#3: The boost wouldn't be impressive on paper to mainstream American buyers, because of the "HP War" that's getting a lot of market attention.
What if it's right in line with other offerings for a similar price point with similar power?

All I'm saying is... keep an eye on the upcoming Q60. History does indeed tend to repeat itself. Remember - the 350Z got a version of the HR motor before the full redesign of the motor debuted in the next gen G and Z.