View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
There is no interval for the 7AT fluid. According to Nissan, that fluid is maintenance-free.

A few people on the forum have had it done by their dealer. Sounds like you read about the dealer that messed up cause they didn't know what they were doing. Unless you're having trouble with your transmission, its probably not worth messing with it.
I have read many posts from the z as well as the g37 forums. Many people leaning toward not changing it. Some stated that the trans fluid is very different than motor oil and it can last a long time(?).

I don't track the car and I don't mind paying the $200 to change it, but I am worry that they might screw it up in the process such as introducing contaminants into the trans.

I am sorry, but I don't have much faith with the dealer mechanics as they all try to rush through as many jobs as possible so they'd get paid for 20 hours in a 8 hour day.

Thank you all your responses.
nis350 is online now   Reply With Quote