View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mythic
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nismo 370Z
Mythic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chii370 View Post
sure 80k if you get a convertible with 3LT Z51 package and all options. I like the Z and will have to say that was kinda a derpy comment. you can get into a C7 with good credit and a good down payment for under 50k.And still get good deals that still smoke a built Z in cost even if you look at a 2LT or 3LT thats 30 off of your projected 80k. And personally, I own a fully loaded Nismo so 7 grand more? stock for stock that C7 would ROCK my nismo..... they arent even in the same class. And if you wanna get stupid with it? the Z is one of the MOST expensive cars to FI and mod ever to be put on this planet, opposed to..... uh every corvette, camaro, mustang etc etc ever made. its all about how many there are out there to make it worth while to even make aftermarket parts. you can buy the whole engine and build out a MONSTROUS older vette or camaro engine for less than it costs to buy a damn turbo kit for the Z. Let alone install, tune, sup mods. Enjoy having something thats "equally" as good as another car you can buy from the factory..... and still has a warranty while still being awesome.

I Bought my Z because I like Z's, but even im not stupid enough to make dumb comments about a clearly superior car just to fanboy protect my choice of car. I know when to tip my hat.

Is the Z a good bang for your buck? yes it WAS, in 09. its 2015 now and they haven't done a god damn thing to keep up with competition. 6 years is a LONG time, nearly a damn decade. Is it a good car? not really, ive had clutch problems, SRM failure problems, tire pressure monitor problems, it rattles and creaks, it overheats without aftermarket support, (all of which i had fixed) its expensive to mod, its HORRIBLE on gas "vette has a v8 with almost double displacement and beats it" the ride is punishing and the parts are poor quality and nissan service is garbage. But its still a Z and holds a lot of appeal despite its glaring issues. Mines for sale for anyone intersted. Mag red, 13, nismo, 13k miles, garage kept, ALL options. prolly 34k located in DC. not a good sales pitch but this is a fan car, if you dont like Z's a lot....... its not a car that is a wise buy.
$34K seems a little high, i bought mine new off the showroom floor for $33,500, and im buying another next week bone stock with 15,600 miles for $25k. Because of the rarity and difficult market considering the high,cost of tbese cars new they are a difficult sale.