View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
What is the trans fluid change interval for the Auto 7 speed transmission?
"Lifetime" according to Nissan. I had my trans and diff lubes changed at about 20K miles but I tend to go a little overboard on those things. If I had kept the car, I wouldn't have changed again until about 80K/5yrs.

Quote:
I read that the A7 requires special tool to change the fluid. ...
You need to be able to monitor one of the temperature sensors in the transmission to determine when the proper level is reached. This usually requires the CONSULT computer that dealer's have. See FSM for details. Other than that, no special tools are required. I vaguely remember a DIY that didn't require monitoring the sensor but I can't seem to find it.

Quote:
Also read that some dealers don't know about the special procedures.
In my experience, Nissan service departments don't know about regular procedures (eg, tire pressure, battery level, &c). Which is exactly why I no longer drive a Nissan.