View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #162 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Well, I'll out it this way. I was keeping pace with traffic on the freeway when my car did a 180* with 7/32 tread on the factory tires. It was indeed raining, but Noone else had issues. Here I was looking out my windshield at an oncoming 18 wheeler doing 65 backwards with the clutch in.

I felt the front end get light and I took my foot off the pedal. It did not settle down. I very very very gently applied a cm or two of brake pedal. I was hoping to shift a few % points of weight more over the front. It got worse. All of a sudden it was 180* time. I think vdc or abs stepped in and popped the rotor hard and upset things terminally. I did not lose it instantly. I'd say I lost it over about 3-5 seconds. The stock Potenzas are just no good in the rain. I have experienced just how shitty they are and I'm sorry but your rhetoric will never trump staring out my windshield at highway speeds looking at an oncoming semi.

Luckiky, I slid off the embankment, completed the 360, and drove off with no damage. A true mulligan from the universe.
Wow.