View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Awgd8
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Q40 / 2008 EX35
Awgd8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLIO 671 View Post
Spoke to my tuner and did an internet search and could not find any remedies....So hopefully someone on the forum can help me out.....

I took the Z to the drag strip about 2 weeks ago. First time I ran her down the 1/4 mile with the Uprev Tune. I watched the Map Switching Vid on youtube and figured I practice a bit while I had some seat time at the track.

Here is the vid I was sent by my tuner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHqUSP4PpQY

Here's my problem. While prestaging at the light I already have the 2 Step/Launch Control map on while holding dwn the Cruise Control Button to switch into my Performance Map. While Prestaging I floor the gas while the 2 Step/Launch Control engages. Once the tree turns green I release the clutch and the cruise control button at the same time as illustrated in the Youtube vid. Everything works great...she gets off the line through 1st and 2nd gear all the way to redline, but once I get her into 3rd gear she suddenly goes into limp mode. I will be flooring the gas but its as though fuel is being cut off for the car to go into safe mode.

The funny thing is when I disabled the Launch Control and just launched off of my performance map by doing the old fashioned feathering of the gas and clutch the Z works fine and shifts throughout the gears without problems. I'm wondering whether anyone else has experience this problem with switching maps using the launch control and what are some of the remedies to this problem

Do you have the .Osiris tune file? If it is not password protected I would like to take a look at the file. If not, only your tuner can fix it.
Awgd8 is offline   Reply With Quote