View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tadpole
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z A7
Tadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond repute

I had my 350Z at the point and time when my wife wanted a new car. So we shopped the Hyundai Elantra, Honda Civic, and the Nissan Sentra and everything was fine until she picked the Sentra. While we were up there at Nissan buying her car I saw the 13 gun metal Z with an auto there that caught my eye. Walked over too it and drooled then walked away. I asked the salesman that we were working with if my credit could pull a Z for me and I was told "yea probably so" and my wife was giving me that look not to buy it. So I pouted a bit and let it go. My wife told me to get a truck that was cheaper if I wanted something new so I went shopping and picked up a 2012 Ford F150 STX single cab on the cheap.
A few weeks after I purchased my truck our friendly salesman called me and was asking when I was going to come up there and trade in my 350Z on that new 370Z I was slobbering over. I told him he missed by a month and I already traded it for the truck. He told me to bring it by and they would appraise it and give me a good deal on it. Now Im thinking ok low ball time in which they did. I said no thank you but I did tell them if they payed me what I payed for the truck I would buy the Z. After about a week my salesman calls me again and asks me if I wanted that Z and I said yes but my offer stands. He said he would talk with his manager and let me know. I get the call back and was told no they couldnt do it. I told him I understood and thank you. Two days later I get another call from my salesman and he tried to counter my offer I made and I told him no again and I am not budging. He said he would call me back and let me know. A few hours later I get a call and was told to come on down and pick up my Z.
They paid me what I paid for the truck minus TT&L and a little negative equity from my 350Z.

I guess they were really desperate selling this car but hey I'm happy!