View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #162 (permalink)
pbs370z
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z, Sport Pkg
pbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re-11 a ?

Are all the new RE-11s the A type (RE-11A) now? What's the difference?

Update: Found it. So I guess the A's are better...

Description: "The Potenza RE-11A is an Extreme Performance Summer tire that evolved from Bridgestone’s Potenza RE-11 line. Developed for serious sports car, sports coupe and performance sedan driving enthusiasts, the Potenza RE-11A is designed to further enhance traction, handling and control while maintaining good noise and ride comfort. Bridgestone’s Potenza RE-11A is performance tuned for dry and wet conditions, but like all summer tires it is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

Sharing the tread design of the popular Potenza RE-11, the Potenza RE-11A adds an exclusive tread compound that combines silica with a new long-link carbon black to increase road contact and abrasion resistance while promoting tread rubber flexibility across a range of cool to hot temperatures. The asymmetric tread design features Bridgestone's 3D Seamless Stealth technology that combines massive independent outboard shoulder blocks interlocked with notches in the circumferential intermediate rib to deliver the lateral tread stiffness needed to enhance steering response and cornering traction. Inboard, a continuous intermediate and notched shoulder rib are separated by wide, straight circumferential grooves that provide water evacuation to resist hydroplaning and enhance wet traction".

'nuther update: the 11As are not avail. in 19" (at TireRack) so I guess it'll be the RE-11s for me. Anyone know if the RE-11As are avail. anywhere else in 19"?

The closest size to original rear I found is (RE-11): Rear: 285/35 R19 (Orig. Fnt. 245/40, Rear 275/35). Close enough for me.

Last edited by pbs370z; 12-01-2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: more info
pbs370z is offline   Reply With Quote