View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 06:32 AM   #66 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Lot of reliability comments from those who...don't own a BMW. Hmmm.

OP you are getting into zee germans who, over the life of the car, statistically will cost more to own then Japanese makes. They also come with a higher price like for like.

The /// is a very well sorted out car with more tech then a Z: its going to be more, so the apples are not quite there in the comparison but I get it. To me the real comparison is against a 987.2 low mile Cayman S. The /// is a fantastic coupe with an engine sound that is unique and can't be replicated in a Z car. It also gets worse MPG then the Z which is not easy to do

I own a E90 335d, at 54K now. Not a /// but most of the car is similar in terms of the packages I have. I am waiting around for a carbon cleaning issue that is known and will cost me out of warranty, 1200-1800.

Just like I am waiting for the CSC to fail on my Z for a cost of what...1200 to fix?

Everything has some risk, it just depends how risk averse you are.

IMHO the NISMO looks fantastic if you want the sports car look. If you want to blend in more with traffic, look for a well sorted out /// or even 335is (they are harder to find but will be a tad less expensive and the N54 is sorted out by then)

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote