View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #151 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Well, I'll out it this way. I was keeping pace with traffic on the freeway when my car did a 180* with 7/32 tread on the factory tires. It was indeed raining, but Noone else had issues. Here I was looking out my windshield at an oncoming 18 wheeler doing 65 backwards with the clutch in.

I felt the front end get light and I took my foot off the pedal. It did not settle down. I very very very gently applied a cm or two of brake pedal. I was hoping to shift a few % points of weight more over the front. It got worse. All of a sudden it was 180* time. I think vdc or abs stepped in and popped the rotor hard and upset things terminally. I did not lose it instantly. I'd say I lost it over about 3-5 seconds. The stock Potenzas are just no good in the rain. I have experienced just how shitty they are and I'm sorry but your rhetoric will never trump staring out my windshield at highway speeds looking at an oncoming semi.

Luckiky, I slid off the embankment, completed the 360, and drove off with no damage. A true mulligan from the universe.
Sorry bud but this was driver error. Never mash the brakes if you start hydroplaning. Any tire will hydroplane especially if you get on a rutty road that collects water. You should have stayed steady on the gas and steering. If you start to drift left or right, steer in that direction ever so slightly. Once it stops, slow down.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote