View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #133 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@AAMComp View Post
I would like to give two thumbs up to the entire team at AAMC for going above and beyond every step of the way with the OP to accommodate him and his requests.

Additionally to the team, when you test fit the returned pipes and they FIT PERFECTLY you retained your composure through all of the unnecessary hassle and this post - a total class act guys.

OP we apologize that the original pipe was not to our standards (we had a bad production run - it happens - we messed up and we are apologetically embarrassed). We made it right and you ended up with a proper part. You elected not to install it and we took it all back regardless.

In regards to the small shipping difference you could have simply called and asked to speak to us; avoiding any missed communication and saving yourself time as we are good, sincere, and accommodating people. I do apologize that your sales associates mangers were out of town and he was unable to give you a quick answer. His willingness to take care of all of your previous requests should have demonstrated that the final request would also be taken care of.

I personally reviewed each and every correspondence and the apologetic sincerity extended to the OP in every correspondence was amazing. Job well done and a wonderful job on customer service.

This is what I discovered through the review:

#1. Package had missing gaskets. We apologized and sent you the missing gaskets - 100% on us as it should have been, we covered all costs
#2. When you questioned the one pipe we apologized, adjusted our production schedule to make you a new one and sent it to you per your request - 100% on us as it should have been, we covered all costs
#3. When you asked for a credit for the inconvenience we apologized once again, and agreed to give you a partial refund & credit (gasket + having to wait for the new pipe)
#4. When you received the new pipe it was different than the bad pipe (because it was the correct pipe)
#5. You were concerned that the new pipes was different than the old pipe, Jason again apologized and asked for some information so he could double check with the production manager. He wanted to ensure everything was perfect. In the interim you called another sales associate and said you wanted to return everything. The return was approved.
#6. We did not charge you a restocking fee and we paid for your return shipping (per policy if someone decides to return a product they don’t want, they pay for the return shipping)

As we have accommodated every single request so far of yours, if you do not already know, I would like to inform you that your $13.72 shipping fee has also been returned to you.

At the end of the day I hope that we have done everything that we can as a company to improve this situation for you. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and if we still have yet to satisfy you please feel free to give me a call to discuss further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@AAMComp View Post
I don't want Jason to lose out on this sale after putting such great effort into exceptional customer service. The first person to PM Jason with the same title of this thread can get a 25% discount on this very same set of perfectly fitting tails that have quite a history behind them!
I've read through this thread a few times, and I sided with the OP that AAM should pay return shipping on a bad item, but I didn't understand WHY he made this post... It's MUCH easier to call AAM and ask for the shipping money back... And anyone with a half a business brain would've refunded that to you to keep you as happy as you COULD get.

All that said... You sir (Mike), class act. Glad to see AAM stepped up after being shit on by the OP.

Last note to the OP, this is the car modding business, shit happens. I sent a shop a shipping label to save on shipping... Their shipping guy gave my box which was labeled with a FedEx label to the UPS guy... So my package sat idle for a week at UPS... I called the shop, 'hey, what's going on, just wanted to make sure it shipped' not having known any of this. Anyways, the shop's owner called me and bitched and moaned about his shipping guy and that he's really sorry that this happened and he'd like to make it up to me, etc...
My response was, look, it's 100% ok, don't worry, I don't care, shit happens, I can yell at you, but what's the point? Item is on it's way now, I'm sorry YOU had to drive all the way to BFE to UPS's hub to get my package.