View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 07:34 AM   #115 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

First, let me say that I completely agree with you getting the full refund. That being said, I would have gone about it in a very different manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo9132 View Post
I don't doubt they're a great bunch of guys which is why you are biased towards AAM.

How does visiting the shop and meeting the gentlemen that are building the products you are buying make you biased? I would call it the opposite when a customer stops by the shop to see how they operate and how they treat their customers. I could see you calling them biased if they go out and have a beer with them after work or hang out with them on the weekend, but I didn't see anything like that mentioned.

Quote:
it's the principle that if you cannot send the correct parts and cannot fix the issue in a timely manner when given ample opportunity then you should at least refund the shipping costs because you could not deliver the advertised product.
If you want the full refund, you should get the full refund including shipping costs. However, I disagree that you gave them ample opportunity.

AAM is a reputable dealer. I've never purchased or communicated with their shop or employees (I hope that makes me unbiased), but I would fully expect them to make right their mistake. I think most of us in the community would expect them to get it right before trying to screw us over. Note that there was a fair amount of people standing by AAM. I tend to agree with them that the title is too harsh for the situation, and that this matter was something that should be between you and AAM. They should not have had to come on the forum to clarify the situation. If you are unable to resolve the matter, you might consider asking the forum for help in contacting AAM.

Had you done more research or been around the forum longer you might have figured out that this is a pretty tight community that looks out for itself, members and sponsors included. Take a look at some of the sticky threads in the classified section to see what they do to scammers or research GTM's reputation and sponsor status (hint: they're banned). People are standing up for AAM because history shows they have treated our community right. If you feel they have not treated you right and start a thread such as this, then we're going to want to know what happened. And you will know if we disagree with you

Quote:
This part has already been engineered and should simply not require a custom fit to get it right. The item should be built to the same specification every time, and was not in this case.
AAM didn't say they were going to custom fit them. He said he would test fit them on their shop 370Z to be absolutely sure they were sending you the correct part. I'm sure he realized you've been through enough and wanted to make sure you were a happy customer. Given the unfortunate situation you were already in, I don't know what else they could have possibly done for you

Also, AAM makes more than one version of their short tails. It is entirely possible that you got the wrong parts. If they didn't fit even after AAM's promise to test fit them, then I would say its appropriate to ask for a full refund. You are, of course, entitled to a different opinion on this.

Quote:
I can understand that sometimes waiting is required, and I was more than willing to - when a company stops responding altogether (with no out of office message) though, that's a different story.
You said you waited 3 months for your Stillen exhaust (hope you didn't get the "Black Series" ). How long did you wait for contact from AAM? Did you not try to call their shop during normal business hours after a few days of no response? I'll call multiple times a day if I'm overdue for a response. Never rely on emails or PMs.

Quote:
Even after Trips sent a message to AAM 5 days ago, they failed to contact me or respond to this post. That doesn't reflect very well on their customer service. Just because you go off to SEMA doesn't mean that the rest of the world stops or that you can stop responding to customers. If you know you're going to SEMA, then maybe you should have someone else take over the issue temporarily or at least forward the information along so it can be resolved.
I think the bold part might be the reason you had issues in the first place

Again, this should have been between you and AAM. Trips should not have needed to get involved. My guess is he felt the need to contact AAM because they are such a good vendor in the community and wanted to make sure they were aware of the situation, expecting them to rectify it. Which it looks like they have/will.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 11-13-2014 at 07:37 AM.