View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #108 (permalink)
nismo9132
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z NISMO
nismo9132 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano13 View Post
Im still on your side brother. But the problem i have is that you failed to mention that AAM was.going to send you a new set, 2.new tails......
It is what it is. The truth is all of us members, including yourself, learn things from others experience and post.
However, when a thread is created, leaving important information out that the company was willing to do...... Is false information. Your thread has pretty much gone down the toilet cause you lied about what AAM was willing to do as a "COMPANY" that we should "STAY AWAY FROM"
I've been around the block with aftrrmarket and companies..... No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. My bottom line is....give them a chance. If you don't want to. Don't try to change the way things went so you think people turn against the other.
This is THE 370Z.com....
members and companies are both on this site for all to hear both sides so neither member, nor company ia left to hang, as u made out AAM to be!
Peace! Im out to install my wide body kit
I didn't lie. I said they were going to test fit a new set that they made, but there was no guarantee they would fit. Jason stated in his post that they would send me the short tails that they were going to test fit, though in his email said that they would send another set that was built to a similar spec to what they test fitted. Given that the short tails I received varied, and the fact that I had already given them ample opportunity to fix the issue and they still were unable to guarantee that these short tails would fit, I chose enough was enough. As I said, the intention was not to bash them. Just to warn others about the poor quality and inability to guarantee their engineered parts would actually fit the vehicle they were designed for.

Best of luck installing the widebody kit.. pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element600ee View Post
as a person who has met all the people at aam in person and seen there facilities . i can say they are a grade a shop and a great bunch of guys . if i had only lost shipping in this entire situation ( being the they wernt given a chance to test fit and send you a known to fit set ) i wouldnt have said a thing and i damn sure wouldnt have started a thread about it . i understand that it can be frustrating when parts dont fit perfect / dont ship / sellers dont respond so on and so forth . but ive always given them the opportunity to fix it . hell right now ive been waiting a month for a set of side blades that were IN STOCK when i ordered them . im not gonna start a thread about it . lol . this is how it goes in the aftermarket world . from what i can see they ( jason and aam ) did everything in there power short of driving you the test fitted parts to your door . if you plan on modding your car in depth your gonna have fun if this is all it takes to get you rowled up . how much was your shipping ill paypal it to you so you can move on with your life . im generally not a person to chime in but bashing them given the situation and not letting them follow through with making it right kinda bothered me . giving you your money back was there attempt to do so . not including the shipping was not intentional im sure . ive been on the receiving end of things ( i ran a performance shop for years so i know there frustrations ) all you can do is your best and thats not good enough or fast enough for some . good luck in the future my friend dont sweat the small stuff it will drive you crazy if you do .
I don't doubt they're a great bunch of guys which is why you are biased towards AAM. From this experience though, it clearly was not meant. As already discussed a few pages back, it's the principle that if you cannot send the correct parts and cannot fix the issue in a timely manner when given ample opportunity then you should at least refund the shipping costs because you could not deliver the advertised product. This part has already been engineered and should simply not require a custom fit to get it right. The item should be built to the same specification every time, and was not in this case. I can understand that sometimes waiting is required, and I was more than willing to - when a company stops responding altogether (with no out of office message) though, that's a different story. I waited close to 3 months for my Stillen exhaust and never complained.

Even after Trips sent a message to AAM 5 days ago, they failed to contact me or respond to this post. That doesn't reflect very well on their customer service. Just because you go off to SEMA doesn't mean that the rest of the world stops or that you can stop responding to customers. If you know you're going to SEMA, then maybe you should have someone else take over the issue temporarily or at least forward the information along so it can be resolved.

Last edited by nismo9132; 11-12-2014 at 08:38 PM.