View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Silly Rabbit
Track Member

Drives: '12 PW Touring Sport
Silly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Wanted to wrap up this issue. I ended up installing Powertrix coilovers with Swift springs. I figured with everything replaced, the noise would be cleared up. Well, not so. I still had a noise from the front left when I backed out of the driveway, as I rolled off the curb. It only happened when I backed out towards the left, not the right. I had no noise from the right side.

My progress to this point was - I installed the Swift springs. When I did, I nicked the shaft of the left shock by using a vice grip (bad idea, don't do it). So I put about 300 miles on the car and blew the seal on the shock. I replaced the shock with a new oem shock. This is when the noise started. I now think that during those 300 miles that I put on the bad shock, I damaged the end link. After still having noise with coilovers, I replaced the end link with new oem and the noise is gone. I can't see or feel any issue with the bad end link I took off the car.

In the end, I now have my first set of coilovers and I am thoroughly enjoying them. I set the ride height similar to where the Swifts were, but having the improved shocks with dampening adjustment is better than expected. I wish I had gone to coilovers from the start.
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote