View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #44 (permalink)
chameleon
Base Member

Drives: G37S
chameleon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint@Altered View Post
We had great success working with the COBB AP (and COBB directly) with this 370ZTT. With the MAFS, the car drives flawlessly. The cobb software can drop the timing curve, but the ECU is very smart. So timing changes must be well matched - if the curve that you've put in is too aggressive, at points the ECU may adjust to be what is optimal for the vehicle. We tested extensively and experienced no knock, no limp modes, no codes (HFCs work wonders) and the car simply runs perfect (and moves out!)

I am not sure about the G37 however as it is different and we have not yet (but soon) tuned a twin turbo g37 with the COBB. We hard wired f-cons in the past.

The COBB AP really is a marvelous tool.
well that is just marvelous to hear, I knew cobb would finally get their together one day. now what version of the tuner software do you have? because unfortunately the version I have (1.7.3.2-11265 Build Date Sep 3 2009) isnt doing jack! I have tried everything you can think of to manipulate all ignition tables and the car shows no responce what so ever.

I have some experience with AEM, PowerFC, haltech, big stuff3, Hondata, Motec and find The cobb the trickiest to use because it does nothing.

so you must be working some magic! that i dont know about.