View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #75 (permalink)
nismo9132
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z NISMO
nismo9132 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
ok let me rephrase this.

is $20 worth trying to ruin a companies name over? this is my point. it's not worth the nonsense you're starting in this thread.

man up, call them again, resolve it.

their name isnt GTM.
I'm not trying to ruin their name. I'm simply warning others about the low quality parts that I received and the tactics they're trying to pull. It's the principle and the fact that they should not be charging shipping for orders which they sent defective parts. Hopefully that clarifies my point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano13 View Post
Im on your side Nismo9132, trust me, I've sent back many parts that were not make correctly.
The only thing im saying is they did try to help, they did send more, they did refund you.
If you decline their efforts to help you..... That's doesn't mean people should stay away from the company.
What you should have said is you don't like the quality of the short tails. The company themselves did all they could for you.

Everyone has a right to reject parts. but parts are not always reflected on the company. Mistakes/errors happen. If the company corrects or tries to correct until you decline.......
Shouldn't be so upset with them.
Suppose I had received another set of short tails and they were not the right size or did not fit. Should I give them another chance? And suppose it happened again and again since they were unable to identify the issue. At what point in your approach does one simply come to terms with the fact that this company cannot produce the part as intended and the parts should be returned? Or would one simply go into an infinite loop (in the worst case) trying to resolve an issue? I'm suggesting people stay away from the company because of the tactics they try to pull after they send subpar quality parts. I was completely fine with the fact that the pipes did not sit flush in the flanges, and was willing to keep the short tails even with that poor attention to detail. My issue with them arose when they were unable to resolve the issue because the replacement parts were built to a different specification, not intended for a 370Z (as the bends were different).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
All it would take is 5 mins for this company to set the matter straight. Its the fact that they are absent throughout this that worries me more than this whole deal.

Everyone knows everyone screws up, but its how its handled afterwards that matters. Even if AAM said they feel they should not have to return the costs because of reason xyz it would mean more than nothing at all. For all we know they have a very good reason, but not showing up for the conversation is not the way to handle it.

Thats how I run things.
As I stated before, I'd love to hear from them. I have a feeling, however, that they are staying away from this because they know they failed and do not want to admit guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
has anyone alerted them to this thread? not like this is FB and we have a tagging system alerting someone anytime they are being talked about.

i know trips said he PM'd them but could have just questioned the issue and not told them some dude has a thread crying about it.

dont assume someone is dodging the conversation if we don't know it hasnt been brought to their attention.
I emailed them and received no response. I trust Trips enough to have provided sufficient information for them to message me directly or respond to this thread (after all it has been in the General Discussion for several days now). Also, I'm not crying about it - like I said, just warning others. Given that it has been brought to their attention (multiple times now), the only logical implication is that they are avoiding the issue altogether.