View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #473 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad370 View Post
So I think I'm going to to uninstall this. The ends of the spring are very roughly cut with many sharp edges. This prevents the spring from easily spinning as it compresses and decompresses. The result is a pretty loud 'spring' noise when I use the clutch pedal.

Update: I took the spring out and used 220 grit sandpaper to smooth the cut surface and round any sharp edges. Then I applied a small amount of WD-40 to the ends of the spring and the pieces it rests against. So far it's back to being quiet.
happy to hear you have reduced the squeak.

I haven't heard many complaints about this, maybe the sliding piece that is inside the spring is low on the white grease auto manufacturers love to use. (anyone will know what I am talking about if they installed the spring)