View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #586 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as I've said before: If the Top Gear guys have come to accept and even embrace "flappy paddle gearboxes"* (they don't seem to complain anymore), it seems that other car enthusiasts might consider following suit.

Anyway, nobody will feel the need to make excuses or provide detailed explanations for their car if they're not attacked, directly or indirectly, for it... just sayin'.**

EDIT:
*By which I really mean: "automatic transmissions, regardless of mechanical design, developed for high performance applications".

The latest iteration of the 7AT doesn't even have paddles in base form, and many cars with paddle shifters have poorly designed transmissions. I hang my head in shame for failing to spell this all out more precisely in my original post.

Sheesh.

**This comment was the more critical point to reflect on...

Last edited by Jordo!; 11-12-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote