View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
brucelidat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370z 7AT GM Sp
brucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stillen SC kit recommended upgrades?

So everyone knows the Stillen kit has some shortcomings. It is also the only CARB approved kit on the market. I know these things will void the CARD legality, but realistically, if you have a CARB map o pass smog, no one's going to know if you did anything that wasn't originally in the kit if you're pulled over so as long as you have the sticker or plate or whatever, you should be fine.

I believe some of the issues are cooling, some plastic parts and obviously the need for an custom tune. It would be great if those who have experience with the kit or are just knowledgeable in general to supply the community with recommended upgrades to the Stillen kit that aren't too $$$ so people can know what extra costs to expect and plan/decide accordingly if this is a route they want to take.

I'll start with some I have read in other threads and add what others post:

1. Custom tune
2. Upgrade impeller OR pulley
3. Upgrade TurboSmart 25mm BOV
4. upgrade plastic cog pullies
5. Frozenboost heat exchanger
7. Transmission cooler (especially for 7AT)
8, braided steel fuel line

Last edited by brucelidat; 11-27-2014 at 02:18 PM.
brucelidat is offline   Reply With Quote