View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #43 (permalink)
Clint@Altered
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: econobox
Clint@Altered is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
Clint I see you guys used the Cobb Accessport for tuning or what there anything else used? as far as I know the Cobb AP does not yet support ignition timing changes. How were you guys able to use the AP unit to modify the needed changes to timing for when under boost??

I personally have a G37 and have been waiting for timing adjustment to work for months and have a customer with a 370z which just called me today which wants to tune his N/A car and frankly without being able to modify timing anything else is a waste of time! please be as descriptive as possible, I need some heavenly answer to brighten my day!

We had great success working with the COBB AP (and COBB directly) with this 370ZTT. With the MAFS, the car drives flawlessly. The cobb software can drop the timing curve, but the ECU is very smart. So timing changes must be well matched - if the curve that you've put in is too aggressive, at points the ECU may adjust to be what is optimal for the vehicle. We tested extensively and experienced no knock, no limp modes, no codes (HFCs work wonders) and the car simply runs perfect (and moves out!)

I am not sure about the G37 however as it is different and we have not yet (but soon) tuned a twin turbo g37 with the COBB. We hard wired f-cons in the past.

The COBB AP really is a marvelous tool.

AAM COMPETITION VQ37 Turn-Key Twin Turbo Packages
Available Now!
www.alteredatmosphere.com ClintonM@alteredatmosphere.com