View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
Its old age fella, I am slacking I use waffle weave to dry however.

Thanks for the micro fibre towel test tip.

I tried one of those plush blue Costco micro fiber towels, they left so much damn lint on the car. Hopefully the Eagle ones are not like that.?
Try the hand drag test with your waffle weave towels. They won't grab as much as the garbage towels, but you'll still notice some fibers catching. This test and Junkman's drying video was what triggered me to start using a leaf blower instead of towels to dry. I go back with the waffle weave after most of the water is blown off - at this point I am drying mostly trim and hardly touching the paint at all with the towel.

Thank Junkman. It's his tip. It's probably in that video he linked lol

Yeah lint is an immediate indicator that those are not quality towels. When you finally get a hold of some nice towels, you will undoubtedly notice their quality compared to your old towels. The Eagle towels will never leave any lint behind.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote