View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Darketch
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 14 NISMO #292
Darketch is on a distinguished road

same thing happened to me today. So my TPMS alert went off. Checked my tire, had a 4 in nail in it. Yeah 4 inches. Didn't go flat so took my Z home. Ordered a replacement from tirerack.com. Got my tire within 24 hours and 200 bucks off. Awesome. Took my tire up to Nissan. Never been there before and thought it would be a safe bet since I'd never had a car with TPMS and didn't want to risk a discount place messing something up with my TPMS or scratching my rim. So I went to the dealership and the service manager was amazed I had a NISMO. (Confirms I should continue to do business else where so my Z doesn't get ridden for a joy ride). But I will say I appreciated his honesty because I told him my concern about getting a scratch or chip on my rim and he recommended I go to a pro rim shop who has more advanced equipment that will not scratch the face of the rim.

So I went to a Professional Rim Repair. I told them 3 times that I'm very particular about my things and I didn't want my rim scratched. They were able to get it on the rim without scratching it, but where they took off the old weights, I noticed they scratched the inside of the rim and its visible from the outside. Just 3 little scratches. The guy was super nice about it and is going to paint it for free of course. So I won't be driving my Z this week but at least it will be mint. They do great work which is why I chose them.