View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Limeybastard
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 370Z Sport.
Limeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
being lazy, lack of common sense, indifference..... most of these mechanics really don't care, it is just another car for them to work on. their goal is to spend minimum time and get paid the factory set rate and move on to the next car. these guys would try to get in 15-16 hrs work on a 8 hrs day.

i've heard horrible stories about dealerships charging stuffs that were not done. However, it is normally not the dealers' faults, but the individual mechanic own doing. I read someone took an M3 in for an $2k inspection service and they didn't even change the air filter.

I was kinda agreeing with your comments until the last paragraph. I actually believe it is the other way around. The dealer puts the pressure on the mech to do the work quickly else it affects the mechs bonus.

In regards to BMW's inspection, it is exactly that primarily, they just inspect. If alright, dont change part.
Limeybastard is offline   Reply With Quote