View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
RonZwanson
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Black MT Sport
RonZwanson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montez View Post
What are they doing taking your lug nuts/wheels off for an inspection, what are they checking for......In Cali or Tx they don't do that and they have some of the strictest inspections in the U.S....
Yeah, in PA they check your brakes (I believe both rotor -or drums- and pad life). They do check your tires, but I'm guessing any dolt could do that without taking off the wheels.

As for the tread depth, I checked it in multiple locations on all the tires. I think I got one reading that was around a 6/32 mark. I'm going to replace them soon anyway, but still, like I said, the lug nut was frustrating because someone did something douchey, but the lying was what really pissed me off.

And it is unfortunate, because there are many good, honest mechanics. As we know, it's the morons like these people that make everyone leery of taking their car in for work, especially when a mechanic recommends a repair that's unexpected.

Who knows...if I get a few spare minutes this weekend maybe I will fire off a message to Nissan and/or the dealership.