View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
MrAbiNormal
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z M6
MrAbiNormal is on a distinguished road

I've gone over about everything I can see / check. Nothing looks out of place. IF it happens, which is right after a cold start typically within a minute of driving. Almost always it occurs when I'm shifting from first to second. As soon as I shift into second, I'll feel a hesitation, then it's almost like the computer remaps the throttle. If I feather the throttle it will still have just a little power, if I romp on it, nothing or I'll start actually slowing. It is possible to redline it still in neutral but the car isn't happy about it.

The trick to fixing it is to shut the engine off for about 10 to 15 seconds. I restart and everything is back to normal.

It's not a limp mode thing, it's not a high heat issue since it's still cold. Usually the oil temp isn't even registering yet... It's always after a completely cold start if it happens, which isn't all the time but enough now to be annoying me. :-/

Since the dealer is 2.5 hours away I can't just drive it to them while it's happening. Leaving it at the dealership isn't going to insure they find the problem since it doesn't happen all the time and other than the cold start I don't have a set of "do this and it'll happen" scenarios... Grr! lol
MrAbiNormal is offline   Reply With Quote