Thread: Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 03:08 AM   #881 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

No activity?

Well, FWIW, I thought they did a really good job with a really awkward plot -- the Eugene is a fraud thing is from the comic, and kind of a lame plot development (although Eugene is a pretty good character overall, and he gets more interesting and useful later on), but it is what it is.

The show did a really good job fleshing him out -- but enough with the commentary on his mullet. Once would have been plenty. It's the zombie apocalypse. Who cares if he's business in the front and party in the back?

Although I still think Abraham should have been cast as someone a bit more physically imposing, they did a good job justifying why he only busted Eugene in the face rather than put a bullet in his head. Should be an interesting trip back to Rick and company...

I was surprised they dropped the bomb about Eugene immediately -- a good decision, I think. Dragging it out for a whole season (AMC's previous strategy) would have been terrible. After a whole season on "killer flu" and another on "lost in the woods", I really hope they just stick closer to the comic. I like that they are fleshing out the comic storyline without tons of deviation, fixing weaknesses in the original story rather than creating new ones with random plot tangents.

In general, much better, AMC!

Last edited by Jordo!; 11-10-2014 at 03:15 AM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote