View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter View Post
About a month ago I got my stock tires replaced with Conti DWS. Now the Wheel is turned a few degrees right when going perfectly straight. A local tire business told me that the new tires couldn't have caused it and that my factory alignment had to been off and the stock tires hid it. Should I get an alignment or is the tire place BSing me? Also, my car has never been curbed or anything that would throw the alignment off.
New tires don't change the alignment settings.

Was the steering wheel off center right after you put on the new tires and it changed after a month? If this didn't happen immediately, that means something has caused the alignment to change - like hitting pot holes, run over subject, curb etc...

Unevenly worn tires and/or large tire pressure differences between tires would change the way to car drive for obvious reasons.

BTW: You DO NOT want to have zero toe on the rear. Your car will become very unstable at high speed. You can probably set it at the minimum 'toe in' based on the factory spec.

Were the old tires worn unevenly.

Last edited by nis350; 11-09-2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: additional comments
nis350 is offline   Reply With Quote