View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
370zHawaii
Enthusiast Member

Drives: A Starship
370zHawaii is on a distinguished road

The lenses and Halos I got from TRS can be found here FX-R - Clear Lenses from The Retrofit Source
and here for Halos Morimoto XB LED Angel Eyes - Accessories from The Retrofit Source Inc

The switches I got from here Full Size Rocker Switches | WiringProducts

The demon eyes I got from here https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ight/639/1929/

Thats pretty much al you need, here are some pics of the work. Not done yet waiting for the blue demon eyes, and thinking about recoloring them solid black or doing a CF wrap, debatable, looks alright but it can look better.

Shrouds added clear coat to make them pop

resprayed housings to match each other and give it an almost balck but not black look

testing the Halos

Testing demon eyes

side by side compared to factory before respraying the housing

and finally almost done, not resealed yet, have some wet sanding to do, and wiring clean up, then reseal and mount.....maybe...think I might do my priginal HL's with just a single Halo and demon eyes.....still thinking about it.

A word of advice, there is a protective coating on the inside of the HL's lenses whatever you do try not to get anything on the inside of the lenses or touch them for that matter, used compressed air to get rid of any dust or dirt, if you do clean them, use an extremely mild dish washing soap-- one drop of soap to a bucket mild, otherwise you will be like me and doing a restore on the inside of the lens. P.S. this is my first time doing this and if I can do it anybody can, it's taking me a little longer, because you know college, being a full time husband/dad/slave to my family but it's good because it gives me more time to try my best to get these perfect.....kinda

Last edited by 370zHawaii; 11-09-2014 at 06:51 PM.
370zHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote