View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 01:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

The gas pedal sensors output different signals afaik. I thought gas pedal too, because i got pissed off one day and stomped on the pedal many times in a rage at the car while the motor was off. The car behaved differently after, a bad sort of different. Another thing that made me think gas pedal was when i read a snippet where it said the gas pedal can tell the ecu how you are pressing the pedal. as in stomping it sharply vs easing it on gently and gradually. With that, it tells the throttle bodies how aggressively to open/close.
This wasnt outlined in the 370z FSM though, i think it was one of those generic DTC explanation sites.

anyway, replaced gas pedal and some $200 later it broke my heart when it happened again.

I've always had that thought mate. The ecu must be commanding it to behave like this, or else it would chuck a DTC tanty but it has never set any DTC except when i accidentally disconnected something. But why is it commanding the engine to behave like this? A wonky sensor? I've replaced both cam sensors, MAP sensor. No stock for crank sensor.
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote