View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
ZeuceCoupe
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 40th
ZeuceCoupe is on a distinguished road
Default First Time Z Owner, need serious advice - Emergency situation as well

I've always been a Jeep guy, from the time I got my license up until I found my 370Z (I promised myself I'd wait till I was 25 to buy a sports car, I lied) Either way, I'm experiencing a major conundrum...I've been fortunate to drive Ferrari, Lambo, Viper, and numerous Vette's (ZR-1 Included...I sold one, once)...but the 370Z (40th Anniversary) struck something in me due to it's purity as a driver's machine (only the Viper and, shocking to me, the FR-S, have afforded me such a grin when I grip the wheel and use the 3rd pedal in terms of me feeling as though I'm driving the vehicle and the vehicle isn't trying to drive me.

Honestly, the last month has been incredibly turbulent and I have a lot more to attend to than my autos (long story short, here is why: Help Clarissa get her smile back by Michelle Wilson Taylor - GoFundMe )...had it not been for me driving at speeds which are not looked upon kindly by officers and courtrooms, she might not have made it...either way, here are my concerns regarding my Z:

1. I'm not Senna, and I know that, but I know how to drive a performance vehicle and what to expect - that being said, and despite another forum member's experience/opinion - the brakes on this sled are bottom barrel. I can feel the fade nearly instantly. I don't have the means to install top-notch Brembos, but was wondering if any forum members had any personal feelings regarding brake fade, which has been a large factor in my Z ownership so far.

2. One is one too many; one more is never enough - I really do not want to go forced induction, but I do find myself constantly craving more ponies. I've built a handful of CAI's over the years, but due to this engine's dual throttle bodies I am very reluctant to build anything which simply out of fear for symmetrical variance. But god, the thrill of hearing those spools kick in would be lovely.

Any advice, vets? Incredibly appreciated
ZeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote