View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #2114 (permalink)
Darketch
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 14 NISMO #292
Darketch is on a distinguished road

So my TPMS alert went off. Checked my tire, had a 4 in nail in it. Yeah 4 inches. Didn't go flat so took my Z home. Ordered a replacement from tirerack.com. Got my tire within 24 hours and 200 bucks off. Awesome. Took my tire up to Nissan Greenbrier. Never been there before and thought it would be a safe bet since I'd never had a car with TPMS and didn't want to risk a discount place messing something up with my TPMS or scratching my rim. So I went to the dealership and the service manager was amazed I had a NISMO. (Confirms I should continue to do business else where so my Z doesn't get ridden for a joy ride). But I will say I appreciated his honesty because I told him my concern about getting a scratch or chip on my rim and he recommended I go to a pro rim shop who has more advanced equipment that will not scratch the face of the rim. The certified tech came out and confirmed the manager's thoughts. The tech also said he had a 240 and runs a speed shop in Chesapeake called Trust Auto 757-406-1600 (Brandon). Nice guy.

So I'm going to try Professional Rim Repair Monday. Think a couple of you guys have used them before. Thoughts?

Also:
Does the Z come stock with nitrogen in the wheels? Anyway you can tell?
Is there anything I should know about TPMS?