View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #275 (permalink)
scorp38
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z 6mt
scorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital neOn View Post
The GT86 crowed hang on to that guy's every word. He was very bias and one sided, at one point he stated that the 370z falls flat over 5000 rpm. I did some research into dyno charts and there was no dip at 5000 rpm, in fact the 370z has a nice linear power band where as the GT86 often has a power dip.

It seems as if he had no real arguments (performance wise) against the Z so he resorted to making things up, that or he convinced himself that the 370z really was a POS. It also did not help the Z considering it had bald tires, something like this will very much effect how a car grips, turns and breaks.

His main selling point with the GT86 was that it slides easily and that it is fun. I'm sorry but sliding around easily does not equate to a faster car or a better handling car. I think i would respected him more if he just flat out said he just likes the GT86 more but that it is not necessarily a better performance vehicle or even a performance vehicle at all.
Basicly the only thing the toyubaru has one us is weight and steering feedback.