View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
cooltoy
Elite Member

Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
After doing some reading and reviews, I believe the best decision is tgo get the Blizzaks for winter and ultra high perfoormance summer tires for the rest of the year. In tests, the surprise seems to be that the summer tires easily and badly beat the all season in wet conditions and the snow tires comfortably beat the all season in winter conditions. Summer tires were also clearly the best in dry conditions.
Its going to be costly but I will buy the Blizzaks for the winter,use my OEM tires for another year and purchase new summer tires in 2016.
For the money you will spend, you are better off getting an 4x4 SUV for around $3000 and parking the Z for the winter.

You can then sell the SUV in the spring and still make most of your money back. Once the cost of the car is $3000 you don't loose much on the resale.

Last winter I bought an Infinity QX4 for $3000 and sold it in the spring fro $2500. Kind of miss that Q it was a nice 4x4. So I only lost $500 and insurance + gas.

This would only work if you have somewhere to store the Z for the winter.

Member of kenchan's "photoshopped mods" and "proper offsets" gang.
cooltoy is offline   Reply With Quote